Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

School Social Work Endorsement

To be endorsed as a school social worker in Idaho you need the following:

  1. An MSW from a CSWE Accredited University.
  2. Completed a graduate level school social work course.
  3. Completed an advanced MSW practicum in school social work OR be able to demonstrate significant social work practice with children and families.
  4. Be a licensed social worker certified by the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses. Licensure must be either LMSW or LCSW.

To obtain the Institutional Recommendation for an Idaho Education Credentia send the following:

  1. A transcript showing your MSW course work. The transcript can be an unofficial copy (OMIT if Boise State graduate).
  2. A copy of the syllabus and/or course description of the school social work class you have completed (OMIT if Boise State graduate).
  3. A copy of your resume
  4. A completed copy of the State of Idaho Department of Education Institutional Recommendation for an Idaho Education Credential.
  5. A copy of your Idaho social work license
  6. Social Security Number (you may leave on Dr. Allen’s voicemail if preferred: 208-426-4290)
  7. Scanned materials to or via USPS mail to:

Robin W. Allen, PhD, MSW
Associate Professor
Boise State University
School of Social Work
1910 University Dr
Boise ID 83725-1940

Failure to send the appropriate materials will delay the review of your application.

What if I need to take a school social work course?

If you need to take a school social work course:

  • Boise State typically offers this course online each semester.
  • Please check Boise State’s spring schedules for on campus classes offered.
  • Please Click Here for How to Complete the Idaho State Department of Education Certification