Denice Goodrich Liley, Ph.D., LCSW
Education Building #714
Office Hours: By appointment; Mondays (12:00 pm – 2:00 pm)
Doctor of Philosophy, 1995, University of Utah Clinical Research and Practice)
Gerontology Graduate Certificate, 1987, University of Utah
Masters Degrees Social Work, 1983, University of Utah (Administration and Clinical Direct Practice)
Bachelors of Arts, 1977, Idaho State University (Sociology, Social Work)
Areas of Research
End of Life
Medical Social Work
Advanced Social Work Practicum I & II (MSW)
Aging: Social Policy and Programs (BSW)
Directed Readings – Honors Program (BSW)
Field Work I (BSW)
Generalist Social Work Practice (BSW)
Interventive Therapy (Graduate)
Introduction to the Profession of Social Work (BSW)
Multicultural – Mexican Life and Culture (MSW and BSW)
Skills I (BSW)
Special Topic: Administration, Supervision and Grant Writing (MSW)
Special Topic: Domestic Violence (MSW)
Special Topic: Experimental Methods (MSW)
Special Topic: Medical Social Work (MSW)
Special Topic: Independent Study: SW 444 – Skills (BSW)
Special Topic: Independent Study: SW 499 – SW For Hispanics (BSW)
Workshop: Care Giving and Care Taking (MSW and BSW)
Workshop: End of Life (MSW and BSW)
Licensure and Professional Certifications
Diplomat in Clinical Social Work (National)
Academy of Certified Social Workers (National) (881888180)
Certified Social Work Independent and Private Practice (Idaho) (CSWP – 1086-C)
Clinical Social Work License (Utah) (131-309)
Certified Social Worker (Utah) (3501 131-309)
Representative Publications and Presentations
- Peep Show: The making of a gerontologist. Reflections: Narratives of professional helping 10(2) 35-39. (2004).
- Bridging the gap between classroom and practicum: Graduate social work students in health care with older adults. Journal of Gerontological Social Work 39 (1/2) 203-217. (2002). Also published in: Advancing Gerontological Social Work Education 1 (1/2) 203-217. (2002).
- The road to practicum: I want a great one! The New Social Worker, 9(1), 10-12. ( 2002).
- It sort of fits! When practicum leads to a job. The New Social Worker, 8(3), 10-11. (2001).
- Change for the change agent. The New Social Worker, 8(2), 15-16. (2001).