- Students wishing admission into the MRI emphasis must submit an Advanced Imaging Application, all college/university transcripts, resume, application fee, and 3 references by March 1st of the application year.
- Application materials will be reviewed and selected applicants will be invited for an interview in mid-March. Preference will be given to Radiologic Technologists.
- Selection will be based on cumulative GPA, reference form scores and interview scores.
- Additional points will be awarded to applicants that have completed their university core/foundations elective requirements. Transfer credits will be assessed on an individual basis.
- Candidates will be notified about their selection status for the program by April 15. Classes begin with the normal fall academic semester in late August.
Candidates selected into the program will:
- Submit to a criminal background check at their own expense by the stated deadline following program acceptance. Information from the background check deemed to be detrimental to the care of patients will result in dismissal from the program. Depending on the situation, background checks may need to be repeated every semester of clinical participation.
- Submit to drug testing depending upon clinical agency policy.
- Provide evidence of health status, to include an annual PPD test, a positive Rubella/Rubeola/mumps titer or equivalent, Varicella immunity, current Tdap, current seasonal flu vaccination , hepatitis series.
- Provide current (within the last year) CPR certification (American Heart or Red Cross).
- Provide evidence of current health insurance
- Provide transportation to and from assigned clinical sites
Students wishing to successfully complete the BS in Radiologic Sciences, MRI Emphasis must meet the following requirement:
- Last 30 of 36 credits must be taken from Boise State
- A minimum of 40 credits of upper division (300-400 level) courses
Checksheet for Magnetic Resonance Imaging Emphasis. For further information please review our website or contact Leslie Kendrick at 208-426-3281 or firstname.lastname@example.org