Boise State University’s fully online Bachelor of Science in Imaging Sciences is a degree completion program for medical imaging science professionals. The program is designed for credentialed imaging practitioners who wish to advance their career potential by completing a bachelor degree.
You will learn from faculty who are well-versed in medical imaging and engage with fellow students active in the profession. You may earn your degree in as little as 12 months with full-time enrollment, or in 24 months with part-time enrollment. No clinical course requirements are associated with this program.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONSJoin our program!
The main thing I’ve enjoyed about this program is the interaction with other classmates…Through our discussion posts, I have learned so much. I learned new ways of looking at an issue. I learned new ways to solve problems. I debated with other classmates whose ideals differed from my own.Jen, class of 2016
- Create a program which meets the growing need for Baccalaureate educated students in medical imaging sciences and the workplace.
- Create a curriculum specific to the medical imaging sciences in which those with an Associate degree in medical imaging sciences and a current ARRT credential or equivalent may acquire a Bachelor of Sciences degree in Imaging Sciences, completely online.
- Promote a safe environment for the patient, self, and others by providing useful patient education, contributing with an informed and educated perspective as a healthcare provider, and recognize an imaging technologist’s overall inter-professional and social impact on patient outcomes.
- Employ critical thinking and decision making strategies in leveraging technology to improve quality and efficiencies within the healthcare system.
- Apply ethical practice as a professional technologist from a legal, compliance, and systems perspective within the healthcare realm.
- Actively lead and/or participate as part of an interprofessional team to decrease patient risk, identify solutions to complex issues, and improve communication amongst healthcare providers.
- Effectively analyze resources and advance research within the profession to promote life-long learning and knowledge sharing.
- Demonstrate effective, appropriate, and respectful communication with diverse populations of patients, co-workers, physicians, and the community to improve patient outcomes by performing beyond technical application.
Want to learn more?
We are happy to provide more information and answer your questions about the online Bachelor of Imaging Sciences program.
Let our Student Success Coaches help!