- Review the BS-Nursing prerequisites and the GPA requirements below and review the Pre-Nursing Checklist (pdf).
- Schedule an advising appointment with the Pre-Nursing Academic Advisor if you have any questions.
- If you are missing any BS-Nursing prerequisite courses, or do not meet the required grade or GPA requirements, you will need to take equivalent courses for transfer* or plan to enroll in these courses at Boise State.
- Please visit your My.BoiseState account. If your admission status is no longer active, reapply as a Returning/Former Boise State Student before completing the BS-Nursing application process.
The following prerequisite courses and GPA requirements must be met to apply to the BS-Nursing program. However, meeting these application requirements does not guarantee admission since space is limited to 60 seats each application cycle.
The combined GPA from these courses will be a primary factor used when evaluating your application.
- BIOL 227 Human Anatomy & Physiology and Lab
- BIOL 228 Human Anatomy & Physiology and Lab
- CHEM 101/101L Intro to Inorganic Chemistry and Lab
or CHEM 111/111L General Chemistry and Lab
- MATH 254 Applied Statistics*
*If your statistics course is transferred from another school, it must have a MATH prefix.
- ENGL 101 Introduction to College Writing
- ENGL 102 Intro to College Writing and Research
- PSYC 101 General Psychology
- HLTHST 207 Nutrition
- BIOL 205 Introductory Microbiology
- HLTHST 300 Pathophysiology
- SOC 101 (Introduction to Sociology) or 102 (Social Problems) or 230 (Introduction to Ethnic Studies)
- UF 100 Intellectual Foundations
- UF 200 Civic and Ethical Foundations
Complete course descriptions can be viewed in the Boise State course catalog.
Once you have verified that you have an active admission status at Boise State and that you meet the prerequisite course and GPA requirements, we invite you to complete the BS-Nursing application process.
We are so pleased you are considering a return to Boise State and a career as a registered nurse. If you have additional questions about the nursing profession or the BS-Nursing program, please contact us.
COHS Student Services and Academic Advising
Visit Us: Health Sciences Riverside Building
Schedule an Appointment: https://nursing.youcanbook.me/
Call Us: (208) 426-1678