Thank you for your interest in applying to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program. Applications are accepted for fall and spring semester with space for 60 new students each application cycle.
|Start Term||Deadline||Application Available Online|
|Fall Semester||February 15||January 1 - February 15|
|Spring Semester||September 15||August 1 - September 15|
|Note: Applications must be received on or before the deadline for admission consideration.|
- Before beginning the application process, schedule an appointment with the Pre-Nursing Advisor to confirm that you meet all prerequisite and GPA requirements.
- If you are not a current Boise State student with a Boise State ID number and email address, you will need to apply and be admitted to Boise State before submitting your application to the nursing program.
- Please highlight all required pre-nursing courses (both completed and in progress) on an unofficial transcript and save the highlighted transcript as a pdf. You will use your transcripts to enter course information on the online application.
- Create a PDF file that includes course descriptions of any classes not taken at Boise State or which have not already transferred to Boise State.
- A valid credit card is required to submit the $20.00 application fee.
- Apply online by the posted deadline. Applications are available approximately six weeks prior to the application deadline and must be received on or before the deadline for admission consideration.
Admission Evaluation Criteria
Admission to the BS-Nursing program is competitive and space is limited to 60 students each application cycle. Applicants are ranked using the cumulative GPA earned in BIOL 227, BIOL 228, MATH 254, and CHEM 101/101L or CHEM 111/111L. The cumulative GPA for these four courses is calculated twice for accuracy, the Associate Director of the Undergraduate Program reviews the ranking, and the top 60 ranked applicants are offered conditional admission.
Before attending classes, students offered conditional admission are required to:
- pass a Criminal Background Check and a Drug/Alcohol Test.
- complete any in progress BS-Nursing prerequisites with the required GPA.
- meet certain physical/emotional requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation. For more information, see the School of Nursing Performance Standards.
- attend at a mandatory new student BS-Nursing Orientation on the Friday before classes begin.
- submit a Pre-Entrance Health Assessment Form.
Lewis-Clark State College/Boise State Partnership
Qualified applicants not selected for admission have the option for their contact information to be forwarded to Lewis-Clark State College Nursing & Health Sciences. To opt in and expand your opportunities to enter a nursing program, check the Lewis-Clark box on your application. Read more about the Lewis-Clark/Boise State partnership.
If you have additional questions about the nursing profession, the BS-Nursing application process, or to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor, please contact us.
COHS Student Services and Academic Advising
Visit Us: Health Sciences Riverside Building
Schedule an Appointment: https://nursing.youcanbook.me/
Call Us: (208) 426-1678