The deadline to apply for the Master of Athletic Leadership Program is February 1st with courses beginning in the summer term. A maximum of 20 new program participants are admitted as a cohort each year. Here is how to apply:
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admissions requirements of the Graduate College. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office.
- Letter of application describing background, academic interests, career goals, and how this degree will assist you in achieving those goals.
- Your professional resume or curriculum vitae.
- Official scores from the verbal, quantitative, and analytical reports of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are required. The GRE must have been taken within five years of application. Please note that applicants posting verbal and quantitative scores of 33 percent and above will receive favorable attention.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters for MAL applicants should address your professional competencies, potential for leadership, personal and professional integrity, and any other information that will help the selection committee make an informed decision.
- Complete a phone interview with the admission committee.