Professor, Department of Kinesiology and Director, Human Performance Laboratory
Since the fall of 2014, Dr. Simonson has also served a Faculty Associate in the Center for Teaching and Learning. In this role, he focuses on the scholarship of teaching and learning, conducts training workshops, consults, and presents internationally to help others improve their teaching and student learning. Dr. Simonson is active as a leader and facilitator in the national and regional POGIL (Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning, POGIL.org) Project.
Down time for Dr. S. includes family, working his dogs, physical activity, scuba diving, remodeling/woodworking, and tinkering on/driving his car.
His office is in Bronco Gym 119A, MS 1710. ShawnSimonson@BoiseState.edu, 208-426-3973.
Ed.D. 1998, University of Northern Colorado (Kinesiology)
M.A. 1990, University of Northern Colorado (Coaching)
B.S. 1986, Colorado State University (Biology)
- Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)
- Exercise Physiologist (ASCM)
- Dive Master (PADI)
Dr. Simonson conducts research in exercise and environmental physiology as well as publishing in the scholarship of teaching and learning.
Courses Currently Taught:
- KINES 432/433 Conditioning Principles
- KINES 510 Physiology of Activity
- KINES 515 Exercise Physiology Laboratory
- KINES 510 Applied Principles of Conditioning
- KINES 580 Selected Topics Hyperbaric Physiology
- KINES 593 Thesis
- KINES 696 Directed Research