Target: Pre-Professional to Professional Programs
- Identify courses within each program that instruct students about the various roles of the health [care] team (multidisciplinary approach).
- Identify health [care] experts to provide guest lectures discussing their role or “scope of practice” across the programs in the college.
- Develop learning activities that identify a particular health professional and provider’s role in patient care.
- Develop learning activities that identify when medical referral to another health professional and provider is warranted.
- Develop tiered learning activities that require collaborative decision making and conflict resolution strategies among health [care] teams.
- Develop simulation and case study learning activities that involve health [care] teams.
- Continue the development of existing interdisciplinary and interprofessional programming across the college.
Target: Professional to Post-Professional Programs
- Develop advanced learning activities and programming with at least two or more professional health [care] programs within the college.
- Simulation/case study based learning activities
- Develop learning activities, events, and programming that include community stakeholders, outside agencies, and other Universities.
- Develop professional development opportunities for current health professionals and providers in Treasure Valley and beyond.
- Introduce interdisciplinary concepts, role clarification, team functions and communication.
- IPE foundation courses and learning activities.
- Early years in program.