Target: Pre-Professional to Professional Programs
- Identify courses within each program that instruct students about the various roles of the health care team (multidisciplinary approach).
- Identify health care experts to provide guest lectures discussing their role or “scope of practice” across the programs in the college.
- Develop learning activities that identify a particular health care provider’s role in patient care.
- Develop learning activities that identify when medical referral to another health care provider is warranted.
- Develop tiered learning activities that require collaborative decision making and conflict resolution strategies among health care teams.
- Develop simulation and case study learning activities that involve health care teams.
- Continue the development of existing interdisciplinary and interprofessional programming across the college.
Target: Professional to Post-Professional Programs
- Develop advanced learning activities and programming with at least two or more professional health care programs within the college.
- Simulation/case study based learning activities
- Develop learning activities, events, and programming that include community stakeholders, outside agencies, and other Universities.
- Develop professional development opportunities for current health care providers in Treasure Valley and beyond.