We support RNs who wish to complete a Bachelor’s degree in nursing and we understand both professional and personal commitments play a factor in your decision to return to school. Take some time to look around our web site and see if our option is a good fit for you.
Vivian Schrader, PhD, RN, CNE
Director of RN-BS Online/Distance Completion Track
Again, welcome to our RN-BS Online/Distance Completion Track website. We hope that every student who completes our program at Boise State University finds it to be a rewarding, enriching and enjoyable experience.
Vivian Schrader, PhD, RN, CNE
Professor and Director of RN-BS Online/Distance Completion Track
RN-BS Faculty and Staff Latest News
- Staff and Faculty Earn Quality Matters Certification, Congratulations to Betty Miller, MS, Darcy Anderson, RN, MS, and Mary Hereford, PhD, RN, CEN
- Faculty Publish Article on Preparing RNs for Online Learning, Congratulations to Vivian Schrader and Jayne Josephsen for publishing in Syllabus.
- RN-BS Staff in Action, Congratulations to Betty Miller, MS, Adjunct Faculty Coordinator, for her nomination for 2012 Professional Staff of the Year.
- RN-BS Staff in Action, Congratulations to Betty Miller, MS, Adjunct Faculty Coordinator, for presenting a paper at the 5th annual Mentoring Conference.
- RN-BS Staff in Action, Congratulations to RN-BS Student Enrollment Coordinator/Advisor, Maura Rasmussen, BS for completing her bachelor’s degree, with honors!
- RN-BS Faculty in Action, Congratulations to Leonie Sutherland for receiving research funding from Blue Cross of Idaho investigating diabetes self-management practices.
- Autumn 2012: Certified Nurse Educators, Congratulations to RN-BS online adjunct faculty: Faith Chennette, RN, CNE and Crissy Hunter, RN, CNE who recently passed their CNE exams! The mission of the Academic Nurse Educator Certification Program is to recognize excellence in the advanced specialty role of the academic nurse educator.
- Autumn 2012: eLearning Faculty Status, Congratulations to Marilyn O’Mallon, Ph.D., RN who recently earned her eLearning Faculty Status at Armstrong Atlantic State University in Savannah, Georgia by completing the requirements of the Teaching Fellows Program for Online & Blended Learning. The status indicates an educator with a detailed understanding of teaching, learning, and student success in online and blended education.
- Summer 2012: At the 3rd Annual Nursing Research Day, Renae Dougal, RN, CLNC, CCRP presented her work on”Multi-Faceted Education Intervention to Overcome Perceived Beliefs and Barriers to Evidence-Based Practice (EBP).”
- Spring 2012: At State Educators Conference, SON Faculty presented work on “Preparing for the Online Learning Environment” and “A Simulation Scenario for Undergraduate Nurses to Gain Knowledge and Experience in Pain Management Nursing.”
“Taking the online distance degree at BSU gave us the flexiblity we needed for our RN to BSN Completion. The help we got along the way was great.”
Chris & Lori Ilgenfritz
St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center Boise, ID